Updated on March 20th, 2020
AMARA MASSAGE WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO STATE WIDE SHUT DOWNS AND QUARANTINE EFFORTS
As a business, we are committed to keeping a clean and sanitized business environment in the following ways:
- We regularly hand clean and sanitize our business; including doorknobs, handles, work surfaces, furniture, tech gear, and all massage equipment (tables, face cradles, massage tables, etc).
- We regularly wash and sanitize all linens, towels, pillow cases, massage table covers, face cradle covers, etc.
- Our staff practices consistent and thorough hand washing practices.
- Our staff is fully supported and encouraged to call out sick when they are not feeling well. This reduces the spread of illness and also supports enhanced employee well being and longevity.
- Effective immediately, we have converted to single use, compostable plastic cups for drinking water and tea. (3.12.20)
DURING THIS PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS WE NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE!
- In the event of illness/symptoms OR if you have traveled to an affected CDC level 1 alert area, PLEASE DO NOT BOOK or receive a massage until you are symptom free (without the use of fever or cough reducing meds) for at least 14 consecutive days. If you have traveled to a level 1 area and aren’t experiencing symptoms, you still need to wait a full 14 days to go into public spaces to ensure you are not potentially shedding the virus or exposing others.
- As an extra ongoing measure, we would ask that you please wash your hands before and after your massage appointment. Help support a healthy community at large by practicing regular hand washing and not booking massage or going into public spaces if you are experiencing cold/flu symptoms. Thank you!
- Please know we are taking this situation very seriously, and if further measures need to be taken we will continue to communicate those updates to our community in real time on our website (check this same blog), social media as well as via email/text.
As a facility that encourages wellness, we wanted to share resources with our guests and community at large related to coronavirus. From the CDC:
Because of the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as cold/flu viruses, the CDC recommends that you avoid contact with others if you have the following symptoms: cough, fever, sneezing, shortness of breath, as well as if you have traveled to countries at a CDC alert level of 1 or higher including China, Italy, Japan, Hong Kong, Iran, South Korea, or Thailand, within the past two weeks.
We encourage you to seek medical attention as soon as possible if you think you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above.
The best common sense practices:
WASH YOUR HANDS, often and thoroughly!
Try to avoid touching your mouth, face or eyes.
If you’re experiencing symptoms, stay home and take care of yourself!
If you have flu, strep, or any other illness please do not book or receive massage until you are recovered and healthy. If you are experiencing cold/flu symptoms (this may also include nausea or vomiting), please do not receive or book a massage until you are symptom free for at least 14 days without the use of fever or cough reducing medication.
Thank you kindly for your adherence to these policies, as it will help support our company in maintaining a healthy and welcoming environment for all of our guests.
LOOKING FOR MORE ANSWERS TO YOUR COVID-19 QUESTIONS?